Just over a year ago now, the Sweet Magazine team brought together a group of cake decorators, stylists, and florists to create an editorial filled with luxe copper party ideas. In Mulgoa, in Sydney’s West, we created something a little more grown up than usual, with easy to recreate styling for dinner parties or even weddings.
Our favourite styling tips from this party:
- Group small vases of different heights together, it will look like you’ve got large, lush arrangements on your table.
- Find copper tones in foods and use them as decorations, we’ve used pears and figs, and added home made toffee to the top of our cupcakes. It gives a really decadent feel to your table, and you can use them for dessert later in the evening – save your figs and pears for a cheese platter!
- You don’t need to spend a fortune to add copper touches to your table. Our napkin rings are copper pipe fittings found at the hardware store!
- If you’re planning a big party, or want specific colours for your dessert table – hire your cake stands and vessels. We used a beautiful collection of cake stands and compote bowls from Pretty Pedestals to add to our own pieces. It’s an inexpensive (and storage space friendly) way to add fun and colour to your table!
- DIY your napkins using fabric from your local haberdashery. Stylist Stephanie was cutting fabric to size on site for this shoot. This is a really cost effective way to add colour to your table, buy scraps, and discontinued fabrics to save even more!
See all the images below, and links to visit the people who helped us with this fun shoot!
PHOTOGRAPHY LISA BROWN | VIDEOGRAPHY LIGHTWORKS VIDEO | FLORIST BLOOMING BRILLIANT
STYLIST STEPHANIE BUNGARD COLOUR CUES | CAKES SUGAR BEE CAKES
DESSERTS SWEET MAGAZINE TEAM | MACARONS MOREISH MACARONS
CAKE STAND & COMPOTE HIRE PRETTY PEDESTALS | HAIR BY NIKKI | MAKE UP ROULA DI IORIO MAKE UP